Friday, September 14, 2012

Our Pinterest Inspired Wedding

I know that a lot of you have been anxiously awaiting this post as I had previously mentioned that most of our wedding was Pinterest inspired.

Literally, this day could not have been pulled off in the 5 short weeks we had without the visual help and wonderful friends/people I follow on Pinterest (seriously, it is a virtual haven of incredible wedding and party ideas). It's almost as though we had a world full of wedding and event planners at our fingertips, the ultimate destination wedding day here at home. All I had to do was look, and there ideas were, hundreds of them right in front of me. It was addicting... and at times even seemed to make decisions harder. But ultimately without it, this would have been a drab, boring day. Or at least, not even a shadow of the day it became. 

As soon as we moved the date (the original date was in January), we decided to completely change our theme and color scheme - which meant I needed all new ideas. I had in mind a little of what I wanted, but I really needed to finish off the "brand" vision of our wedding that I had in my head. Bringing together teal and pink and polka dots and trying to make sure my fiance loved it all too... Pinterest is where I turned, and soon, I had everything I needed. My board "August Backyard Wedding" was my visual to-do list. Mind you, not everything on the board was a part of the big day, but every pin inspired parts of others, or solidified in my mind what I had planned. 

I saved my pins down into folders on my computer and then added each into a to do list on my Wunderlist (this awesome little list app for your computer and phone). Then, we got to work on project after project ... and we're now lucky enough (thanks to our awesome photographers at Dutta Photography) to share our "pinspirations" and successes with you!

All of these wonderful photos of our decor are courtesy of Dutta Photography based out of Seattle, WA. 
Check out their blog post highlighting our wedding day HERE, Then, make sure to head over and LIKE them on FacebookCheck out their Website, and follow their Pinterest Boards

Now, I'd like to share with you the pins that inspired me (yes with backlinks, when available) and what we did in real life... so without really knowing where to start (since everything is my favorite part), I'll just begin wherever the pins may fall:

Pinterest pin is always on the far or upper left. 
Board Games to keep our guests entertained
Our candy bar
"Drink Me"  - juices for our tinier guests
Our Flowergirls pomander balls
Our guest bench - handmade by Josh's grandpa
Entrance to Festivities Sign
Monogram Sign - this now hangs on the door to our home
Corsages for Mom and Grandma
The Popcorn Bar
Secrets of Marriage Jar
Our S'Mores Bar
Sparkler Farewell
Table Details
Taffy Skewers
Our Cake (Cakes by Cheri C)
A "Barrow of Beer"
Wine Bottle Citronella Torches
Our Card Box

***
And last but not least, things of my own inspiration:
Our hand-painted toasting flutes, and a "tomato cage" chandelier
All of these wonderful photos of our decor are courtesy of Dutta Photography based out of Seattle, WA. 

Then, make sure to head over and LIKE them on Facebook
and follow their Pinterest Boards

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the bench idea...and how you took all the pins as inspiration and made them your own. Very neat to see both together! Awesome job, Kate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! I love pinterest! I'm glad you were able to incorporate some of your own touches into your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat idea. I must admit I haven't checked out pintrest yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome Kate! I love how you put your own wedding spin on all of the pins you found and made them work for you. Your wedding was so beautiful and you were stunning, I love seeing the images from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your wedding!! It was so cool to see everything from Pinterest in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally addicted to Pintrest - so amazing to see how much inspiration you drew from it and how you transferred it all to your beautiful wedding - standing ovation to you! May you both be blessed in a long life together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job making it your own! Don't you just love Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kate! All the details and everything you poured into your wedding totally paid off! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete